Integrating Shopify with Shiprocket
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms. Here, we show you how to integrate Shiprocket with your Shopify account. These are the three main synchronizations which you receive when you connect Shopify with your Shiprocket account.
- Automatic Order Sync – Integrating Shopify with Shiprocket panel allows you to automatically sync all unfulfilled orders from Shopify panel into the system
- Automatic Status Sync – For the Shopify orders that are processed via Shiprocket panel, the status will automatically be updated as fulfilled on Shopify channel.
- Catalog & inventory Sync – All your active products on Shopify will automatically be fetched into the system. You can use this to manage your inventory.
How to Integrate Shopify with ShipRocket
Integrate your Shopify store with Shiprocket using Shopify auth mechanism. Follow the steps below:
1) Fill in the required general information and then click the 'Connect to Shopify' button on your screen to continue.
2) You'll be directed to the Shopify seller login page. To log in, enter your Shopify username and password.
3) Once logged in, you'll see a pop-up on your screen asking you to 'Authorize Shiprocket'. To proceed, confirm your account integration details and click 'Authorize'.
4) When you click Authorize, you will be redirected to your Shiprocket account. Please click the 'Edit' button to customize your Shopify channel to your preference.
Custom App Integration:
Private apps are deprecated and can't be created as of January 2022. You can now create a custom app and use the app credentials to integrate with Shiprocket.
Steps to integrate with Shopify custom app:
Step A: Settings at Shopify End
1. Log in to Shopify Admin Panel.
2. Go to Apps.
3. Scroll below to find the ‘Develop apps' for your store’ button
4. Here, click on the ‘Create an app’ button.
5. Go ahead and give your Custom app a recognizable name. (For e.g; Shiprocket).
6. Click on the ‘Create app’ button to proceed.
7. A ‘Configure Admin API scopes’ button is available under the Overview tab. Click on it to see all admin access scopes.
Read Access: Fulfillment Services & Inventory
Read & Write Access: Products, Product Listings, Assigned Fulfillment Orders, Customers, Draft Orders, Orders, Merchant Managed Fulfillment Orders, Order Editing, Store Content, Third-Party Fulfillment Orders.
8. After you've defined the scopes, click the Install App button in the top right corner of the page.
9. Click on Install to get the App credentials (Admin API Access Token, API key, and API secret key) from the API credentials tab
Note: You can only reveal the token once after the API access credentials have been generated. If you want to regenerate the token, simply uninstall the app and reinstall it. The token will be regenerated and can be used for Shiprocket integration.
Step B: Settings in ShipRocket
1. Log in to the Shiprocket panel.
2. Go to Channels >> All Channels
3. Click on the “Add New Channel” Button as highlighted in the image below.
4. Here click on Shopify >> Integrate
5. Enter your website/brand name in the 'Communication Brand Name' section.
6. Upload your brand's logo.
7. Next, enter the Shopify order status that you want to fetch in your Shiprocket panel and turn the toggle on for order sync. (Status to fetch: Unfulfilled)
8. Now, select or create the order status which you want to push on your channel. If disabled, default push status mapping will work on your channel.
9. Enable payment status mapping for your account by turning the toggle on. It will map new and existing payment gateway/status against COD and Prepaid payment status.
10. Next, turn the toggle on if you want to push paid status to your channel.
11. Finally, turn the toggle on if you want to sync your inventory with Shiprocket.
12. At last you need to fill in the API keys and parameters to complete your channel integration.
For Store URL, use: https://yourshopname.myshopify.com (You'll find this URL in the address bar of your Shopify account).
API key- The same API key that was generated following the installation of the custom app.
API Password – The Admin API access token, which was generated after installing the custom app.
Shared Secret- The API secret key is generated after installing the custom app.
13. Click on Save Channel & Test Connection to proceed.
That's all! The green icon indicates that the channel has been successfully configured.